The Child Life Practicum at Denver Health offers students the opportunity to learn about pediatric hospitalization in the pediatric unit, the pediatric intensive care unit, the pediatric emergency department, and the pediatric outpatient clinics. Under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist, students will get the opportunity to observe different types of interventions and will be facilitating various activities at the bedside and in the playrooms. Students are also asked to complete weekly assignments and will receive feedback and guidance. Students must complete a minimum of 150 hours within a typical school semester. We currently accept practicum students in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
This program is volunteer-based and you cannot receive school credit unless there is a prior contract between Denver Health and your university. Please note that our practicum program currently accepts unaffiliated students.
Spring and fall hourly requirements are 10 hours a week for 15 weeks.
Summer hourly requirements are 12.5 hours a week for 12 weeks.
1. Completed Denver Health Practicum Application.
2. A current resume and cover letter.
3. Unofficial transcripts from each university/college you have attended experience with at least a 3.0 GPA.
4. Two letters of recommendations; one familiar with your work with children/families.
2020 Child Life Practicum at Denver Health
Spring Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: November 22, 2019
- Offer Date: December 13, 2019
- Start Date: Week of January 26, 2020
- Must be in Denver by January 13 (if accepted & not local)
Summer Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2020
- Offer Date: April 24, 2020
- Start Date: Week of May 31, 2020
- Must be in Denver by May 18 (if accepted and not local)
Fall Semester Dates
- Application Deadline: July 10, 2020
- Offer Date: July 31, 2020
- Start Date: Week of September 6, 2020
- Must be in Denver by August 24 (if accepted and not local)
If you need further information, please feel free to contact: