Viewing Your Medical Record Online
If you would like to view your medical record online, effective for services rendered on and after April 9, 2016, please access Denver Health's new MyChart electronic records system. MyChart is a secure online tool that allows you to view your medical history, message your health care provider, pay your bill, make an appointment and request prescription refills -- all from your smartphone or computer. Read our MyChart Explainer to learn how MyChart works to improve your care experience at Denver Health.
Access Your Family’s Medical Records
Access to a child’s or adult’s MyChart account can be granted to individuals who have authority to view that individual’s medical information. A proxy consent form must be completed in order to request proxy access.
- Under the age of 12: Parents/guardians will have full access to all aspects of the child’s MyChart account, including appointments, medications, test results and more.
- Ages 12-18: If the parents/guardians previously had access to the minor’s account, they will be defaulted to demographics updates only of their minor’s account. This will occur on the minor’s birthday. The parent/guardian will have the option to receive full access at the child’s consent. This consent will need to be renewed each year on the day of or after the minor’s birthday. This minor will have full access to their own records through MyChart.
- 18 years or older: Adults will need to request access to another adult’s record. There are various forms of access that will be defined in the request.
Forms to request or restrict access to MyChart records:
- MyChart Adult Proxy Access Request Form
- MyChart Child (under 12 years of age) Proxy Access Request Form
- MyChart Child (ages 12-18 years) Proxy Access Request Form
- Restrict Access to Minor’s MyChart Record (child or teen)
Requesting Your Medical Record
We are happy to provide you with a copy of your medical record. To request a copy of your medical record, you, or someone you designate, must complete the Authorization to Release Patient Health Information form.
In order to protect your privacy, only the patient, parent/legal guardian or the patient's legal representative can sign the form to release medical records. The authorization form must be legible and complete in order for us to process your request. You may request the form from your nurse, download the Authorization to Release Patient Health Information form from our
You can also complete this form digitally using MyChart.
Fees for Medical Records
For Denver Health patients, there is no fee for the first 10 pages. After 10 pages, the fee is $0.20 per page. Copies of records are sent to medical facilities or other physicians at no charge.
Forms for Managing Your Medical Records
- Accounting of Disclosures
- Medical Durable Power of Attorney
- Request for Amendment of the Medical Record
- Request to Limit the Use or Release of Records
Notice of Privacy Practices
Your medical information is private. We strive to protect your health records when you are in the hospital and when you are being seen in any of our clinics. We will use your records to care for you, to bill for care, to run the hospital and to comply with the law. Denver Health will provide you with a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices that informs you about the ways Denver Health uses information from your private health records. The Notice also explains your rights and the ways we protect your records.