Denver Health offers a 2-day Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) training for Colorado licensed, practicing providers on-site at its community health centers. More than 55 providers have completed the one-on-one program since 2016, strengthening skills in contraceptive counseling and LARC insertion & removal procedures. Priority is given to clinical providers employed with Colorado federally-qualified health centers and/or other safety-net health systems. There is no cost for trainees to attend, as the initiative is grant-supported at this time. Ideal candidates should have/be:
- Advanced Care Provider (Nurse Practitioner, Physicians, Physician Assistants)
- Licensed to practice in the state of Colorado
- Providing direct patient care 70-100% time
- Willing to train other providers in their clinical setting
- LARC methods available onsite at their home clinic for patients
Denver Health works with interested providers and their employer/organization to facilitate a training affiliation agreement in advance. Please contact Cori Depue for additional information and upcoming training dates: email@example.com.